Mission, Goals, Objectives and Program Outcomes
The mission of the DPD is to provide a high-quality, broad-based education that will equip graduates with the foundational knowledge and skills needed to pursue their professional goals, including preparation for supervised practice leading to eligibility for the CDR credentialing exam to become a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN).
Goals and Objectives
1. Prepare graduates to become entry-level RDNs with a high-quality, research-based education.
- 80% of graduates completing supervised practice programs (Dietetic Internship), responding to a survey, rate their academic preparation as good or excellent on a 4-point scale.
- 60% of program graduates apply for admission to a supervised practice program prior to or within 12 months of graduation.
- 45% of program graduates are admitted to a supervised practice program within 12 months of graduation.
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- 80% of supervised practice program directors, responding to a survey, rate the academic preparation of program graduates as above average or exceptional.
2. Prepare graduates to pursue their career goals.
- 75% of program graduates, responding to a survey, rate their career advising as good or excellent on a 4-point scale.
- At least 80% of program students complete program/degree requirements within 3 years (150% of the program length).
- The DPD graduates are successful in competing for placement into supervised practice programs (Dietetic Internships). The DPD program has averaged 85% placement over the past five years.
- The pass rate on the RDN exam for the first time test takers has been consistently greater than 95%.
- DPD graduates who complete the Dietetic Internship and pass the RDN exam secure jobs as an RDN within one year of graduation.
- DPD graduates are consistently reported by supervised practice program directors as being strongly prepared students for careers in dietetics.
- Additional program outcomes available upon request.