Length of Departmental Service:
Dr. P.H.1985 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Major: Nutrition
M.S. 1978 Boston University – Sargent College of Allied Health, Major: Clinical Education
R.D.1974 St. Mary’s Hospital, Rochester, MN
B.S.1973 University of Wisconsin-Madison, Major: Dietetics
My instructional responsibilities include NS 431, Nutrition in the Lifespan; NS 631, Clinical Nutrition; and NS 350, World Hunger and Malnutrition. I am also an instructor of the online courses — NS 653, Clinical Nutrition Research, and NS 651, Advanced Clinical Nutrition – Pediatrics — as part of the Capstone Certificate in Clinical Nutrition.
My instructional interests are in presenting nutrition as a part of prevention or treatment of human chronic diseases. Because of the ever changing information in applied human nutrition, it is important to help the students learn critical thinking skills. Therefore, I must teach the basics of the principles of research and how it is used as well as the current nutrition hypotheses and application techniques.
My personal instructional interests include the studying of progression of knowledge issues and the development of leadership, along with the development of high quality online learning.
I formally advise approximately 30 ADI students. I am a member of the Dietetic Programs, Scholarships, Curriculum, and Development Committees.
- 2001- Present: Lecturer, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Dept of Nutritional
- 1998: Lecturer, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Dept. of Nutritional Sciences
- 1997- 2005: Lecturer, Edgewood College, Madison; Instructor, Mount Mary College, Milwaukee
- 1996-1997: Acting Dean of Graduate Education, Mount Mary College, Milwaukee
- 1993-1997: Director, Graduate Program in Dietetics, Mount Mary College, Milwaukee
- 1991: Out-patient dietitian (LTE), University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
- 1986-1987: Lecturer, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Dept. of Nutritional Sciences
- 1983-1985: Nutritionist III, Durham County Health Dept., Durham, NC
- 1980-1983: Visiting Clinical Instructor, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- 1979-1981: Dietitian Clinician, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- 1979-1980: Dietary Consultant, Lenox Baker Children’s Hospital, Durham, NC
- 1978-1979: Assistant Chief Clinical Dietitian, Duke University Medical Center
- 1977-1978: Pediatric Dietitian, Duke University Medical Center
- 1976-1977: Staff Nutritionist, Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Boston; Dietary Consultant, Martin Nursing Home, Dorchester, MA
- 1975: Staff Dietitian, New England Deaconess Hospital, Boston
Want to stay connected? Visit my LinkedIn Profile!