General Admission Requirements
All applicants must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent and a minimum grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Have completed the following prerequisite courses:
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Biological Sciences
- Human Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition
Course Equivalencies are listed in GUIDE. Applicants may check course equivalency to UW-Madison via Transferology.
Please note: The coursework, GPA, and degree requirements are the minimum requirements for entry into the MS-CN program.
*Adjusted grading scales due to COVID-19 will not affect your chances of admission.
The Masters of Science in Clinical Nutrition has a rolling admissions policy where applications will be considered after their respective deadlines listed below. Domestic applicants should submit their applications no later than 4 weeks prior to the beginning of the intended term. Applications from international applicants must be submitted 6 weeks prior to the beginning of the intended term. This additional 2 weeks is required for international transcript and matriculation processing.
- Fall semester: July 15th
- Spring semester: November 1st
- Summer semester: March 1st
Applications received after their respective deadlines will be considered as space permits. If you are admitted after the deadline, we cannot guarantee availability of all offered coursework of the following semester.
Steps to apply are listed below:
1. Complete a UW-Madison Graduate School Electronic Application.
The electronic application includes:
a. Reasons for Graduate Study. Please include a brief statement about your professional goals, and reasons for applying.
b. Letters of Recommendation. Three letters of recommendation are required. All letters of recommendation are submitted electronically through the admission application.
c. TOEFL scores, if necessary.
d. Unofficial transcript, submitted electronically.
2. Be sure to closely follow the “Steps to Apply” section of the Graduate School Admissions page and watch your application status page through MyUW for missing checklist items or additional information.
For any questions or if you need additional information please go over the Graduate Admissions FAQ, or e-mail the Graduate Program Coordinator: Caitlin Seifert Irland at email@example.com.