General Undergraduate Terms
- Overall undergraduate GPA and GPA in science and professional courses (3.3 or above, although a slightly lower GPA may be accepted along with strong work or volunteer experience)
- Dietetics related work and volunteer experience
- Leadership experience
- Letters of recommendation
- Letter of application
- Since 2018, 96% of the UW graduates who applied for dietetic internships were placed. This exceeded the national average acceptance of about 74%. Of the U.W. graduates taking the registration examination, more than 90% passed the examination on the first try. For further information, see Improving Your Chances for an Internship.
If you have graduated, you may obtain a Verification Statement by submitting the following to Tara LaRowe:
- “Official” UW-Madison transcript with the degree posted.
- “Official” transcripts from all other colleges/universities attended (unless you have already submitted them previously).
- Request Form –Verification Statement
- Academic Requirement Checklist
If you are requesting a Verification Statement, DO NOT submit this request until after your degree is posted to your transcript! Please allow 1-2 weeks for completion of the Verification Statement.
DPD Director Information
First Name: Adam
Last Name: Kuchnia
Email address: email@example.com
If you have not submitted the proper documentation to Tara LaRowe prior to requesting the form via DICAS, your request will be denied.
Once the appropriate form has been completed, you will be able to review it and then add your electronic signature so it can be included in your application. If you are matched, you will need to send a “hard copy” to the internship program.