Assistant Faculty Associate
- M.S. Clinical Nutrition New York University
- RDN Bronx VA Hospital Dietetic Internship
- B.S. Nutritional Sciences University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2017 – present: Program Manager, University of Wisconsin – Madison, MS Clinical Nutrition and Capstone Certificate programs
- 2013 – present: Instructor, University of Wisconsin – Madison, Dept. of Nutritional Sciences
- 2012 – present: Inpatient Clinical Nutritionist, UW Hospital and Clinics
- 2014-2017: Assistant Researcher, University of Wisconsin – Madison, Dept. of Nutritional Sciences, Lab of Dr. Huichuan Lai
- 2011-2012: Inpatient Registered Dietitian, Boston VA Hospital, Boston, MA
- 2011-2012: Registered Dietitian, YMCA, Cambridge, MA
2016 Emerging Dietetic Leader of the Year, Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
My instructional responsibilities include the coordination and teaching of NS 520: Applications in Clinical Nutrition, one of the capstone courses in the undergraduate DPD program. The goal of NS 520 is to help didactic students develop skills for a dietetics internship and for life-long learning. Consistent with this goal, the course emphasizes active student involvement aimed at developing teamwork, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills. These skills complement the knowledge gained in previous coursework and allow students Do solve clinical problems while working in teams. I still practice as an inpatient clinical nutritionist at UW Hospital so am able to bring real-life clinical cases to the classroom.
As the program manager of the online MS in Clinical Nutrition and Capstone Certificate programs, I am responsible for the marketing, recruitment, admissions and advising of students in both programs. I work as a liason to the ÐW-Hospital Dietetic Internship and Capstone Certificate program.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Member
- Technology Chair – Medical Nutrition Practice Group 2015-present
- Nominating Chair – Medical Nutrition Practice Group 2014-2015
- Nominating Chair Elect – Medical Nutrition Practice Group 2013-2014
- Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Member
- Southern Region Representative 2014-2016
- Greater New York Dietetic Association Student Member 2009 – 2010
- Madison Area Dietetic Association Student Member 2007 – 2008
- Schuchardt ML, Lai HJ, and the FIRST Study Group. Maximum Pancreatic Enzyme Dosage and Acid Blocker Use are Prevalent in Young Infants with Cystic Fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol 2016; Supplement 45:612.
- Schuchardt ML, Shoff S, Lai HJ, and the FIRST Study Group. Factors associated with variation in pancreatic enzyme dosing among young infants with cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol 2015; Supplement 41:408.
- Schuchardt, Makayla. Vitamin D Status in Older Adults. Geriatric News. University of Wisconsin-Hospital and Clinics. Fall 2013.